There is a question that I frequently ponder. Who stays full on a packet of instant oatmeal?
Not I. Sometimes I’ll feel super full after I have a bowl of Quaker Lower Sugar Maple & Brown Sugar, and within an hour I am SO hungry. My body doesn’t do well on purely carbs, which is why I like to add extra protein, fiber, and good fats into my morning meal.
The combination of 1 Tablespoon of Roundy’s Organic PB, a half cup of Old Fashioned Oats, and 1 T of flaxseeds amounts to 11.5 grams of protein, almost 8 g of fiber, and lots of omega-3 fatty acids (the good stuff!). On top of that, if you add some banana and protein powder, there is no way anyone is getting hungry before lunch.
This bowl o’ oats is just the right balance of rich, creamy, and slightly sweet. In fact, it feels a little indulgent.
Drizzle some extra peanut butter on top, and you’ve got yourself a morning treat that:
Packs in protein, healthy fats, and fiber
Fills you up
Satisfies your sweet tooth
Can be made in 5 minutes
Is vegan and gluten-free
PEANUT BUTTER BANANA OATS (GF, V)
Prep Time: 5 minutes Total Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 1 serving
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 T peanut butter (optional: additional teaspoon for drizzling on top)
- 1/2 or 1 banana, mashed
- 1 T cinnaflax (or 1 T ground flax + cinnamon to taste)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk (or other milk of choice)
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla
- 1-3 tsp. protein powder of choice (optional)
- Cook 1/2 cup oatmeal with 1/2 cup water + 1/2 cup coconut milk in microwave for ~3 minutes
- Mash in banana
- Stir in peanut butter, cinnaflax, vanilla, and protein powder
- Drizzle additional peanut butter on top, if desired
What breakfast keeps you full all morning long?