Quick. Easy. Healthy. Crunchy. Sweet. Spicy. Salty.
Have I sold you yet? If not, you’ll just have to try for yourself. These roasted chickpeas are the perfect on-the-go snack. Five minutes of prep and into the oven they go.
So easily customizable too. When I say spicy, they really are not that spicy (unless you add teaspoon upon teaspoon of chili powder, of course). If all you have on hand is olive oil, salt, and pepper, go for it. I personally like the hint of slightly sweet maple syrup contrasting the kick from the cumin and chili powder, but any seasoning you prefer should work great!
When you pop one in your mouth and it’s no longer soft, they’re done! These little guys should be crunchy – in fact, the louder, the better.
Sweet ‘n’ Spicy Roasted Chickpeas (GF, Vegan)
Prep Time: 5 minutes Total Time: 30-40 minutes
Yield: 2-4 servings
- 1 can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 2 tsp. coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp. pure maple syrup
- chili powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas. Let sit five minutes to drain excess water. Blot with paper towel (you want your chickpeas as dry as possible).
- Mix melted coconut oil, maple syrup, and seasonings in small bowl.
- Spread chickpeas evenly on foil-lined pan. Drizzle oil mixture over chickpeas to coat evenly.
- Roast in oven for 20 minutes. Stir. Continue roasting for 10 more minutes. Depending on how dry your chickpeas were before roasting, they may need more time to get that crunchy texture.
What are some of your favorite on-the-go snacks?